Friday, June 13, 2008

Hello At Last

Ok so yes it's been a coupleof tough days!!
If parts of this don't make sense it's he sleep deprivation and lack of my core group
Basically I spend about 6-7 hrs in a car navigating the route for the car that follows the riders along the route. Then I get on the Prevost and eat and sleep. I've been havin some motion sickness dramamine is my frend. It's best if i sleep while the bus moves.
OK so hurrying I deleted all i typed!!
We are in New Mexico now 984.2 miles into the race...I can tell you for me it feels like a lot more.
I was gonna recap the past ew days but I can't remember. I can't remember where all my stuff is on the bus.
I can remember today!!!!!!!!!!!! We started about 4:30am in AZ We crosed over into Utah. At dawn we were in Monument Valley!! Seriusly the most beautiful!! Red huge rock formations everywhere. I was in the car with Andrew!! We were both tired he trid to convince me he saw a cow off in the distance...it awsx a dam bush!! It felt like the beauty would nev end!! It's huge vast and expansive.
From there we went to Colorado..We climbed a ton of mountains. I think the highest elevation i've seen is about 7800ft.
I know I had a good nap of about three huors!! I'm sure you can tell by my spelling i;'m trying to do this really fast!! Then we did CO. I laid down in a bunk for about an hour i have tolisten to my ipod in bed otherwise i Can't sleep. I sleep in two different bnks depending on the time of day. I got a long nap in the big bunk..
I woke up and now we are in New Mexico getting ready to go out for 48 miles we are in Chama New Mexico...it shoud take us three and a half to four hours. I did get a little kitty fix i went to a hotl to mail some postcrds and they had two kitttys.....Kuna hope the cats are good....sorrry haven't checked in!!
We are startin at 7789ft elevations we will go up to 10275 ft elevation. I've never been that high. They say it snowed the other day there...Im hoping to et photos!! Although this is a nite time ride. We mite set out about 930pm
So we did part of AZ, UT, CO and NM today!!
I'm having a ton of fun and working hard!
Let's see it's friday I haven't had a shower since we left on wednesday and feeling like aneed one...you ask for photos of me...yeah no i have lovely tired eyes and even better sexy hair!!
I hope this is a good update...I know it's confusing...it's my state of mind.
I will try to check my eamils...if you don't get a response....please don't take it personal...really if you want text or call..mostly i won't answer but leave me a message.
My off time needs to focs on sleep!!
Love to everyone...Missing st. louis
We are hoping to come through thinking monday 11 at the clarkbridge
I would love to see people out there.
We are going to be rerouted through part of MO
94 is underwater.
Take care....I gotta prep to go out for a long cold nite!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love
judy

1 comment:

JOE SOMMER said...

You are seeing some beautiful country. This is an adventure of a life time. I hope you have a camera to take pictures with. To let you know what is going on in St. Louis the temperature broke and it is quite cool tonight (Friday) but supposed to get hot and humid tomorrow. Ah, St. Louis weather. What is the weather like where you are. Was it cold in the mountains.

One thing I am not clear on is do your riders ride 24 hours a day. It sounds like one group on and one group off all day. Is that correct. Is there a prize or something you are racing for?

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.