Monday, June 16, 2008

Sleep deprivation is fun

Ok so yesterday I did a post. I said I was in Fort Collins. We talked about it on the bus and that's where I thought I was. What I had done was combine two places...let's hope no one cared enough to google it.
I was really in Fort Scott, KS. Six miles out of Missouri
We were heading to Collins, MO
We crossed into MO about 8ish last night. Our pull lasted until about 1am. I think that's when we got back on the bus. I went right down into the bunk of death with my ipod, phone charger and some benedryl. I slept well for two hours and we were in Jefferson City. I ate a donut and got back into the bunk of death. John said he had to wake me up and it was tough.
We started out around 6ish this morning at the capital. There were terrible storms. Lots of thunder and lightening. I think someone is looking out for me and my team. The rain subsided very quickly. we had an amazing 75.1 mile ride. It was the rolling hills of Missouri. I'm not sure who was stronger on this ride Michele or steve. They both did great. I think it's the best riding I've seeen out of Michele. When Andrew and I are in the follow van, we make a list of all the animals we see. So we included both Michele and Steve on our list. Everyone was so happy and glad. I think we are all just fired up to reach the Alton bridge. At this point we are 1987.8 miles in and 1026-6 miles to go. I know that I really need to sleep but I'm too excited to see whoe's going to be at the bridge. I nned to sleep but I think the drive from the river to greenville, Il will be a long trip although it's a short ride for us on 46-3 miles.
Well considering that I've had one shower since last wednesday...I'm gonna try to clean up!!
Hope all is well
take care
judy

1 comment:

Nabor Dan said...

Sorry I missed you at the Alton bridge. I had a long day of meetings at the office, but would rather have been out rooting you and your team on.

I can't wait to hear more... keep the posts coming.

- D2