Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prep Day in Oceanside


Here's a link to check out the photos from today



So today was the day in Oceanside to do all our last minute preparations!! Our day started with an offical inspection of our two vans and our prevost bus. Thank god we passed. So now we are official to start the race. Then we had to do team photos and I went to the RAAM store. I got a cute khaki RAAM hat. I'm sure I will be wearing it a ton. I spent the next hour looking for a kinkos...if we can't find a kinko's I'm not sure how we are going to find the east coast. We had to change a bunch of our books and forms. We have a book in each vehicle that describes how to get from time station to time station. Then we spent some time looking for a Sam's Club instead we found a Costco. We had to get a bunch of supplies. Of course my priority was the 36 pack of Mountain Dew. We arrived back at the hotel to actually have a bit of down and alone time. I think I'm going to need that because starting tomorrow there will be no alone time and down time will be spent sleeping. So after that I made my way to the Prevost named Godzilla. We are famous for our bus. No one else has a bus like ours and the officials keep showing up and coming in. Brenda, who is our cook and bus mom, is filling them with all these sweet treats she has brought along. But anyways so I'm sitting in the front of the bus talking to Nicole and Fred. I decide to do a practice on getting into the bunks and just laying there. I manage to roll into the middle bunk without hitting my head or anything. I'm laying there just checking it out!! I pull down the tv and check that out. I actually roll out the bunk ad go to the front. I announce that now i'm ok with the bunk situation. Clyde says yeah they are ok..ya know the size of a coffin..ok so now i'm not sure about the bunks again. It's just gonna have to be ok. I went and had some sushi with Lee, Andrew and Nicole. Then I came up to the room...done for the day!! Spending a few hours alone on the compter. After tonight there will be no alone time for 8 days!!! Let's hope I can tolerate that one!!

The race starts tomorrow!! We take off at 2pm CA time. The start of the race is different from how we will navagate across the country. Really I'm lucky tomorrow I willl spend the majority of the day riding on the Prevost. We can not have support vehicles on parts of the course tomorrow so instead of crew groups of 4 there will be groups of two out. So I ride the bus most of the day I will probably start my driving shift later in the evening. We will drive from 4-6 hours then Iwill have 4-6 hours of down time to sleep and relax. Then I will drive again. That's how it will go across the country.

Well I should get some sleep.

Take care and PLEASE be in touch

Judy

1 comment:

MissyW said...

Don't fret about the bunks,it'll be fine don't even give it another thought. Since you're on a rock star bus, you have to look "superfly"-ROCK IT BABY!