Monday, June 9, 2008

Travel Day June 9




Today has felt like a really long day!! The flight to San Diego was great. Flying first class for the first time was quite the experience.
I sat next to Andrew the 23 year old mechanic. We both look like deer in the headlights. It was a first for both of us!! At the airport most of the riders and crew ate at Wolfgang Pucks. My driver had brought me the most delicious chocolate chip scone, so I had that. I also drank a bottle of water and hadn’t even had a morning Mountain Dew!! We board the plane and before we take off they offer us OJ or water. We take off and while flying the stewardess gives us a hot towel. Andrew and I look at each other not really knowing what to do. Then the stewardess then offers us breakfast so Andrew and I think that we have to take it. The meal was pancakes, fruit, a biscuit and some sausage. It was on real plates and silverware. Andrew and I look around and realize we are the only two in our group that took the food. I felt stupid. The scenery from the windows was amazing lots of jokes about the mountains. We landed in San Diego to find it cloudy over cast and chilly. We drove about an hour to Oceanside, CA. It’s there we spotted the Prevost…you can’t miss this bus. I was dying at the size of this thing. We checked in the hotel and then we were all dying to get on the bus. OMG is all I can say. So you walk in and up some steps and there are two couches with a big screen TV. It has satellite TV and a DVD player. Then comes the kitchen area. Full sized fridge, sink and storage. There’s a potty right after the kitchen. You walk in a door and there are the bunks. It’s then that the panic set in. I’ve never felt claustrophobic, but I might soon. The bunks are three high and not much space. I’m not sure how my migrant sleep is going to work. Each bunk does have a TV. Then is the big bathroom with a shower and a potty. Beyond the bathroom is a bedroom with a double bed. That’s reserved for the couples on the trip, so unless I hook up with someone there’s no chance of me sleeping in that bed. I went up to my hotel room for some down time. Then we worked on the bikes prepping them for our inspection in the morning. We walked down the street to Angelo’s for dinner. After dinner we walked to the ocean and saw the pier where inspections are in the morning. Now its 9:15 and I feel like I’ve been up for days. I’m hoping for a good night of sleep in the hotel before we hit the road on Wednesday. That’s it for tonight. Take care!!

1 comment:

Nabor Dan said...

Hey Judy!

Nice motor coach. The bunks remind me of the crew compartment of a yacht or sailboat. I'm sure you'll get adjusted in short order.

Talk to you soon!

- D2